Skibums Forum: Windows Media Encoder DRIVING ME CRAZY!! - Skibums Forum

Page 1 of 1

Windows Media Encoder DRIVING ME CRAZY!!

#1 User is offline   JMan 

• Big time HA guru
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 February 2005 - 11:24 AM

I'm sorry once again to keep coming to you guys with all my stupid problems, but I've spent days on Google and Microsoft site trying to figure out what the hell is going on here! I've got a Intel PC Camera model CS431 that I've had for about 4 years. I've tried setting this damn thing up on 5 different computers now and always get the same result. All computers are running either winxp pro or windows media center 2005. I download the xp drivers for the camera and install properly camera works fine on all computers from 300mhz to 2.6ghz processors. I install WME9 and start program up and she works fine with video only which is all I want to stream no sound. After I shut WME down and try and restart the program later I get this response "Cannot find a valid output stream from the source" (0XC00D1B70) all machines same result. I have tried everything uninstalling and reinstalling and always same result. Now I might be crazy or just missing something, but I'm sure it's the camera that is somehow causing the problems, but why will it always work when first setup and never work again. This just does not make sense to me..
Thanks in advance,
JMan

#2 User is offline   Skibum 

• Skibumus Lazium Extremum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Waterskiing, Snowskiing, Home Automation, VOIP, Astronomy,

Posted 03 February 2005 - 01:27 PM

In the included software, try setting the capture to RGB, or uncompressed and save it, then try the encoder again.

#3 User is offline   JMan 

• Big time HA guru
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2005 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (Skibum @ Feb 3 2005, 11:27 PM)
In the included software, try setting the capture to RGB, or uncompressed and save it, then try the encoder again.

Ski
If you are talking about the software that is included with the Intel Webcam, there is not any, I just downloaded the drivers.
JMan

#4 User is offline   JMan 

• Big time HA guru
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2005 - 04:05 PM

I GOT IT!!! You have to choose the "default video device" instead of the intel PC Cam that shows up under devices within WME. I was choosing the intel PC camera which only makes sense to me, but it would not work. One I choose the default setting everything works fine... Man.. Crazy..
Thanks for the help..
JMan

#5 User is offline   TrOjAn 

• Big time HA guru
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Life

Posted 04 February 2005 - 02:45 AM

QUOTE (JMan @ Feb 4 2005, 07:05 AM)
I GOT IT!!!  You have to choose the "default video device" instead of the intel PC Cam that shows up under devices within WME.  I was choosing the intel PC camera which only makes sense to me, but it would not work.  One I choose the default setting everything works fine... Man.. Crazy..
Thanks for the help..
JMan

Now its sorted dontcha just feel all warm an cosy smile.gif tis great when things "work"

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users